Free online robot.txt generator - robots.txt maker - robot txt file creator
In web world robots exclusion protocol (REP) plays a major role in crawling of your website and it's web pages. Robots.txt file gives instructions to all search engine robots on which web pages / folder should be crawl or which pages / directories should be ignored.
Where to place robots.txt
First please make sure the file name as a robots with an extension .txt (robots.txt)is correct
By default all search engine bots search for robots.txt file in the highest level directory i.e root directory of your website (i.e www.yourdomainname.com/robots.txt). You need to transfer the text file to the root directory of your domain through any FTP client (File Transfer Protocol Client Software).
Note : Do you know that robots.txt files are very important and a single text file that could slow down or destroy your website complete ? so be caution while your are creating the file.
Online robots.txt file maker Key Features and Benefits
- Robots.txt file can be uploaded to your root directory of web server through any FTP Client software or C-panel.
- The file give instructions to all web bots about their website, so that which of your website's pages or directories should and should not show up in searches results.
- Will give you correct direction when you decide to add new instruction, file, or file path to either the new or existing robots.txt file.
- When using our robot.txt builder tool, you can customise as to which search engines you want to include in your robots file.
- After creating your robots.txt file, upload it to the / (root) , all search engines will be pointed to as which web page's, folder or directories of your site should or should not be shown in searches result.